Conceal Carry Update
Just to clear up some misconceptions about the "permit less carry law" that the Governor signed.
1. This law does not take effect until January 2023 so until then you need a permit!
2. If you plan on traveling outside of Alabama you will need a permit. As of now Florida, Georgia and Mississippi as well as other states require the need for a permit to carry a loaded firearm.
3. This law applies only to citizens of Alabama while in Alabama only.
4. We still issue permits currently at the same cost after a background check.
5. There are still places in Alabama that you cannot carry a loaded weapon with or without a permit.